The Vadim Sidur Museum was opened in 1987 at the initiative of the artist’s son, art critic Mikhail Sidur, who was its director until his death in 2010. The museum started as a posthumous exhibition of the sculptor’s works, established at the intersection of ul. Novogireevskaya and Zeleny Prospekt as well as in a nearby park. In 1989, during Perestroika, Sidur’s artistic heritage happened to be consonant with the ideas and public sentiments of the time, and it was decided to make the temporary exhibition a permanent one and elevate it to the rank of an official museum.
At present, the museum hosts more than 1000 objects, 537 of which make the core of the collection. They are predominantly Vadim Sidur’s sculptures, but also works by artists Anatoly Slepyshev, Yuri Larin, and Leonid Berlin.
In 2014, after two years under reconstruction, the museum opened for the public again. Following the renovation, new exposition lights were installed, the space was rearranged to add a new cinema and lecture halls, as well as a chamber concert hall and a space for other public activities. Today, the Vadim Sidur Museum is not only a collection of works by a distinguished artist, but also a modern artistic space open to diverse creative ideas and events, joining the top ranks of the cultural institutions of Moscow.
37А, ul. Novogireevskaya, Moscow, 111394 (metro station Perovo)
Wed-Sun 12.00–19.00, last admission at 18.30
Closed — Mon, Tue
8 (495) 918-51-81
Full ticket price - 150 rubles
Special rate - 50 rubles